Our Dedicated Team
|Heads of Departments|
|Heads of Grade|
Financial Matters: Mrs Bekker on 031 701 5046.
Enrollment Requirements: Miss. A. Willis on 031 701 5046.
|Prefect Body 2021|
|Pinetown Boys’ High School came into existence in 1978 with Mr. Nourse as headmaster. It was established on the site of the Cowies Hill Junior High School. In 1991 Pinetown Boys’ High became multi-racial. The first Black head boy was Bonga Zulu (2005) and the first Indian head boy was Youshen Naidoo (2011). The school was declared a Conservancy in 2005 because of all the indigenous trees that have been planted in the grounds. A Wall of Remembrance was also built to honour and remember all those learners and staff who have died and each year a wreath laying ceremony is held at the Wall.|
The school has had 6 Headmasters so far:
- Mr. Nourse (1978 – 1982)
- Mr. Visser (1983 – 1988)
- Mr. Brocklehurst (1989 –1997)
- Mr. Bailey (1997 – 2005)
- Mr. Aitken (Acting Headmaster, 2005 – 2011)
- Mr. Naidoo (2011 – 2019)
Under Mr. Visser the school made a name for itself, especially in rugby and tennis. Three first team rugby players went on to represent their countries:
- Massimo and Marcello Cuttitta played for Italy and Massimo captained the Italian team.
- Steve Atherton played for South Africa.
The 1st tennis team was one of the topsides in KZN, having 3 junior South African players.
Since then Pinetown Boys’ High has had a number of sports stars who have played for or represented South Africa. Some of them are:
- Wesley Moodie – Tennis.
- Mathew Quinn – Athletics
- Richard Woolrich – Triathalon
- Claude Eksteen – Triathalon
- Craig Peel – Hockey
- Darren de Bruin – Waterpolo
- Lindokuhle Ncgongo – Gymnastics
- Mpumelelo Mkhize – Soccer
- Shaylan Chetty – Karate
Other learners have become famous entertainers. Some of them are:
- Loyisa McDonald – Actor
- Terence Perkins – Aka Michael Naicker
- Darren Simpson – Aka Whackhead from Laugh out Loud
- Steve Peralta – Project Fame
- Siyabonga Hlongwa represented South Africa at London’s Tate Gallery of Modern Art with a self-potrait of a hooded figure with his hands cupped.
Academically Pinetown Boys’ High has done well. In 1981 Johannes Fedderke was the top matriculant in Natal and a large number of learners have been consistently placed in the top 30 matriculants in KZN. Many have done well in their careers such as :
- Jason Probert – Responsible for the DSTV Mobile Drifter
- Mark Montgomery – CEO of the largest Granite Company in SA
- Richard Pauck – Designed a computerized mechanical arm which works exactly like a human arm
- Michael Zuma – Sound Engineer for East Coast Radio
Sponsors & Supporters
- Fury Motor group – Our first rugby team forms part of Fury Mazda’s rugby development program which sponsors the first team on a yearly basis.
- Spar – Official sponsor of the PBHS XI soccer team.
- Benjamin Pine Primary School
- Ashley Primary School
- Parkside Primary School
- Sarnia Primary School
- Pinetown Senior Primary
- Atholl Heights Primary School
- New Germany Primary School
- Lyndhurst Primary School
- John Wesley Primary School
- Northdene Primary School
- Malvern Primary School
- Escombe Primary School